When talking about egg allergy, we are usually referring to allergy to the proteins in this food, since some people’s bodies react adversely because they cannot digest them. This allergic reaction is common in children, although it can also affect adults. There are signs and symptoms that can show that the body does not support this food, so in a How we want to explain how to know if I have an allergy to eggs.
Steps to follow:
1. Although most people react to the white by containing more allergens, it should be noted that the egg yolk also causes allergy to some patients either by intake or contact. There is also cross-reactivity between proteins of both elements of the egg, as well as between eggs of different birds: chicken, turkey, duck, etc.
2. Also, it is necessary to keep in mind that the symptoms to know if you suffer from egg allergy will vary depending on each person, although there is some common evidence that will help to detect it. In this way, itching in the mouth and throat, as well as swelling of the lips after the consumption of eggs is one of the most obvious signs that this food generates a reaction in our body.
3. In the same way, the cutaneous signs are key to know if you are allergic to eggs , since it is usual for redness of the skin, itching, eczema, hives, swelling of the eyelids … These symptoms are common in the greater part of allergic reactions and usually alert quickly.
4. People allergic to eggs, if consumed, often suffer from digestive problems such as vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, abdominal pain, etc. They also occur in allergies to other foods.
5. In more severe cases and more rarely, respiratory problems may occur as an allergic reaction after ingestion or contact with eggs, so that the person in question may feel short of breath, sneezing,
6. In a very small number of cases, being allergic to eggs can cause a very serious reaction called anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock, which requires urgent medical treatment.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.